The Governing Board of Dent VA Primary School has three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction,
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff, and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well-spent.
The constitution of our school’s Governing Board is as follows: 2 parent governors, 1 local authority governor, 1 head teacher, 1 staff governor, 7 foundation governors. The terms of office for all governors is 4 years, except for when a governor is a governor by virtue of their position, i.e. the head teacher and the vicar.
As of January 2021, we currently have vacancies for four Foundation Governors, one staff governor, and one Parent Governor. If you are interested in becoming a Foundation Governor, please speak to the Chair of the PCC, Janet Skublics. If you are interested in becoming a Parent Governor, please contact the Chair of the Governors, Kate Cairns: email@example.com.
The Education Committee: Mrs Helen Corpe (chair), Mrs Diana Bucknall (vice chair), Mrs K Cairns, Head Teacher, and Mrs B Gilbert.
The Resources Committee: Graham Fraser (chair), Ms Helen Corpe (vice chair), Mrs K Cairns, Head Teacher.
|Governor||Name of organisation||Nature of interest||Date interest was registered||Date of cessation of interest||Notes|
|Kathleen Cairns||1. Dentdale and Garsdale Funding Group,
2. Dentdale WI,
3. Sedbergh medical practice.
4. Community transport
|1. Treasurer/ trustee,
3. Member of patient liaison group on behalf of the Parish Council
|5 March ’18|
|Diana Bucknall||None||None||5 March ’18|
|Helen Corpe||Dent VA Primary School||
||26 Feb ’18||2. 24 Sept ’18|
|Graham Fraser||St John’s church, Cowgill||Treasurer||12 Nov ’18|
Register of Personal and Pecuniary Interests