We are a vibrant and caring rural primary school, working as part of the whole community to provide a creative and nurturing environment where all children flourish. With Christian values at the heart of all we do, each child is encouraged to reach their potential. Every child experiences our personalised approach to learning, which allows children to grow in independence and confidence, aiming high and achieving success. Through the highest quality education, we aim to prepare our children to serve the community, locally and globally, whilst developing a deep appreciation of Christian values, faith and life.
There is no place for extremist views of any kind in our school, whether from internal sources – pupils, staff, visiting adults, governors etc. or external sources – school community, external agencies or individuals.
Any prejudice, discrimination or extremist views, including derogatory language, displayed by pupils, staff, visitors or parents will always be challenged and, where appropriate, dealt with. Where misconduct by a teacher is proven, the matter will be referred to the National College for Teaching and Leadership for their consideration. Misconduct by other staff will be dealt with under normal school disciplinary procedures.
We encourage pupils to respect the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. We ensure that partisan political views are not promoted in the teaching of any subject in the school and where political issues are brought to the attention of the pupils, reasonably practicable steps are taken to offer a balanced presentation of opposing views to pupils.
We aim for our children to:
• achieve high academic standards and success in learning.
• become energetic and enthusiastic learners with the ability to apply themselves to tasks with independence
• take responsibility for their own actions and learning pathways, making informed choices
• acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to the changing world in which they live
• make a positive contribution as citizens of the wider world
• develop healthily in mind, body and spirit
• have an insight into Christian and moral values, as well as an understanding and appreciation of the religions and beliefs of others.
Our Seven core Christian values are:
Wisdom, Trust, Service, Justice, Compassion, Endurance & Forgiveness.
Each year we have an overarching value which we are exploring and each half-term we have a focus value.